PVH Corp. Tailor, 205W39NYC Store - CALVIN KLEIN in New York, New York
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. at https://www.myworkday.com/pvh
Design Your Future at PVH
Tailor, 205W39NYC Store - CALVIN KLEIN
The Tailor for Calvin Klein 205W39NYC Store is responsible for conducting customer fittings for alterations needed on ready-to-wear garments and completing such needed alterations to the highest standards.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
• Provide fitting and tailoring services to all clients. Project a professional image and excellent customer service. Fit garments on mannequins, models and clients.
• Adjust hems, cuffs and sleeves while keeping the basic proportions and drape of the
• Construction, deconstruction, reconstruction of garments and pattern making exposure, including knowledge of detailed beading and skins.
• Repair clothing and other textiles.
• Operate sewing machines, sergers and presses.
• Make detailed, accurate notes of work. Maintain clean organizational standards.
• Maintain current understanding of all policies and procedures related to current product, sales and services.
• Identify opportunities for fitting and tailoring improvements with Alterations Manager.
• Ensure that all assignments are completed in a timely manner while focusing on minimizing and eliminating errors. Be responsible for high quality and individual productivity.
• Practice good communication skills essential to understanding what clients want.
• Accept and respond to all alterations projects as assigned by management.
• Follow/adhere to guidelines in Retail Handbook.
• Regular attendance and punctuality
• Flexible in schedule and working hours
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma
• Formal training in fit/alteration, specializing in men’s and women’s garments
• 5+ years of luxury retail experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Adequate knowledge of customer service.
• Flexible to deadline demands as well as handling various tasks.
• Manual dexterity, attention to detail and technical knowledge.
• Specialize in working with luxury merchandise and be able to fit both male and female clients.
• Knowledge of different kind of fabric / styling /ironing.
• Must be open to learn and develop new skills.
Essential Physical duties include, but are not limited to;
• Ability to stand on your feet, bend and maneuver on the sales floor to conduct fittings and take measurements.
• Ability to hand-sew and operation a sewing machine for the duration of shift
• Ability to hold and steam garments
• Ability to lift, move and hang merchandise and other items.
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
http://www.pvh.com at http://www.pvh.com/
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future. at https://pvh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PVH_Careers/jobs
With a history going back over 135 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies.
We are over 35,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $8.2 billion in 2016 annual revenues. We own and market the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, Arrow, Speedo*, Warner's, and Olga brands and, in addition, market a variety of goods under our own and licensed brands.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International, Ltd.